It’s so hot here that the cold water faucet on the sink spits out hot water. So does the hose. Anyway, today we slept in until 8:30! Then we got up and piled into the van to go to Lake Havasu City! Some people went off and did laundry, and the rest of us were looking for a beach to stay at until 3pm when we had dinner at the Italian restaurant! We found a public beach with a swim area and had fun just chilling in the water talking and hanging out.


The water was almost hot. It was cool enough to keep us all from overheating in the sun though. There wasn’t much around this beach so we went to another one that was close by that had a small restaurant and a bigger pavilion with tables. We collected rocks, and talked and took pictures and just enjoyed the day. We stayed there until 2:30 and started to pack up the vans to go eat at the Italian place. I called the owner and he said that he would give us a choice between spaghetti and meatballs, or fettuccine alfredo. When we got there, the servers and owner couldn’t have been nicer and the food was delicious! We got free bread and salad as well as the pasta!

After stuffing ourselves, some people went to the bike shop, and surf shop. I bought a pair of sweet swim shorts that have pineapples on them. It was buy one get one free, so Kirk got a different pair of equally sweet swim shorts so that we didn’t have to pay as much. Also, you get a free coozie with every purchase! A lot of us wanted to go cliff diving, so we talked to some locals and found a nice spot to go. We all piled in the van again and drove there. After a short walk we had arrived!





The cliffs ranged from about 8 feet to somewhere between 60-80 feet. The water was really deep, and got really cold after just a few feet down. There was a lot of seaweed in the water too with little spikes on it. That was pretty annoying. I stopped jumping at the medium height (25-30 feet), but some jumped off the biggest one! Here is a picture of Taylor jumping off of it:


We got a lot more pictures and video’s on Simon’s go pro, but right at the end, it wound up at the bottom of the river. Womp. I think we’re going to try to recover it tomorrow. There’s a video of me jumping on Kenny’s go pro so eventually that will make it’s way onto the internet as well.

It was getting late, and we still needed to make it back to go get the 15 free pizzas from the owners of the restaurant we met yesterday! We drove back to Parker and stuffed ourselves with pizza and smoothies! I got a mango-pineapple smoothie and it was actually made with fresh mango and pineapple! Not just flavored syrup. It was really tasty.

I don’t think I mentioned our host. We are staying at Christ’s Church on the River in Parker, AZ. The people are really nice and even helped us unload bags yesterday, and took out the trash for us this morning. We all got ourselves organized and ready for tomorrow and then I started the long process of blogging!

Tomorrow we bike 60 miles to Blythe, CA! We finally enter California! It’s going to be in the 100 degree range tomorrow as well, but hopefully we can beat the heat since it isn’t very far. We’re waking up at 4am and hopefully will start riding at sunrise. It’s 11:30pm now, so I need to go to sleep! Remember to comment on this post and the last two!